10 Years Ago I..
- Hand coded my first website.
- Received my Master’s in Library Science with a Specialization in Archives Management.
- Began my job as Assistant Corporate Archivist / Image Researcher at American Girl.
- Turned thirty.
- Married the love of my life.
Five Things on Today’s To-Do List
- Wake up my kids, make them breakfast and pack lunches for them, walk with them to the bus stop.
- Shower, make myself breakfast, pack my lunch, and catch the city bus to my day job.
- While waiting for the bus, call my Mom to figure out what we’re doing about Thanksgiving since the usual family hosts are escaping to Australia this year.
- Write this post and (finally) update my Practical Archivist blog.
- Find an open reel machine that plays 1/4 inch tape — both 1/2 track and 1/4 track. (Figuring out exactly what that means was on my To Do list earlier this week. So was learning that nobody manufactures machines like this anymore.)
Five Snacks I Enjoy
- Curry chips
- (Very) dark chocolate
- Nicoise olives
- Salami and cheese
- Homemade popcorn …the best thing about not replacing our broken microwave!
Five Places I’ve Lived
- Chicago, IL
- Glencoe, IL
- Madison, WI
- Arlington, VA
- Dublin, Ireland
Five Jobs I’ve Had
- Short Order Cook (a.k.a. hamburger flipper)
- Pasta Maker
- Staple Puller*
- Historical Image Researcher
- Audio Archivist
*Worst. Job. Ever.
Five Blogs I Tag
Family Matters (Denise Olson) Family Oral History (Susan Kitchens) Tracing the Tribe (Schelly Talalay Dardashti) Shades of the Departed (footnote Maven)
- Heart and Craft of Lifestory Writing (Sharon Lippincott)
Assuming tag-backs aren’t allowed, I want to be sure to mention two of my favorite bloggers, Lisa of